donate to farmer foodshare:
Farmer Foodshare has just received their 501c3 non profit status! Congratulations!!
To donate to Farmer Foodshare,
- Farmer Foodshare is a nonprofit organization that raises funds and donations of fresh food for those at risk for hunger or malnutrition, while building healthy community food systems and enhancing community economic development.
- Since mid-2009 Farmer Foodshare Donation Stations have collected over 65,000 pounds of top quality food from eleven different farmers’ markets and brought it to organizations that serve the hungry and malnourished in over six NC counties.
- NC ranks in the top ten states for food insecurity in the nation.
- 1 in 5 children do not have adequate food to meet their daily needs.
- Everyone deserves access to fresh, healthy, local food.
- Farmers deserve a fair price for their hard work
- A healthy community food system must include all members of society.
- Healthy food systems result in healthy air, land and water.
FARMER FOODSHARE PROGRAMS:
- Donation Stations collect fresh food and funds to buy food at farmers’ markets.
- Farm to Community Afterschool provides healthy food to organizations that teach cooking, canning and food buying skills to food insecure children.
- Gardenshare provides farming support and plants to community gardens.
- “Pennies on the Pound” (PoP) starts social enterprise projects to increase the affordability and accessibility of fresh and value-added local food products in economically distressed communities. The first PoP project will be the PoP Food Market, an alternative farmers’ market connecting food insecure community members with excess local food, launching in August.
- Farmer Foodshare Fund: Brings a range of investors to build healthy community food systems and spur community economic development, particularly in economically distressed areas.
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
- Donate money at a Donation Station to buy produce directly from local farmers
- Volunteer with us at our donation stations, PoP Market or other programs.
- Invest in the Farmer Foodshare Fund and collaborate with us as a partner.
We believe that everyone deserves access to local, fresh food, and that fighting hunger and building healthy community food systems go hand in hand.